Top 100 Liberal Progressive Websites for 2010

December 1, 2010
By

As you know, progressive Liberal thinking is considered backward thinking here at Backward Times. So here is the list of the top 100 backward-thinking websites, a.k.a. the Liberal Progressive top 100.

Isn’t it hilarious that the top three sites, and seven out of the top ten, are so-called news sites? On the Top 100 Conservative Websites list there is only one news website that made the top ten- Fox News. It’s another shining example of how biased news can be these days- and how Liberal.

A special thanks goes out to DBKP for compiling this list. They made the Conservative list themselves, at number 47. Their site is a real leader in the Conservative movement, and they’ve become a real force in the online news takeover, redefining what mainstream is. Please visit their site when you can.

If you are Conservative, you’re sure to get a chuckle out of all the so-called News Magazines that made the list too. With names that include words like truth and independent, and oxymoron’s like informed and news, there is a lot of unwitting sarcasm on this list.

Here’s the list of the Top 100 liberal Progressive Websites…

No. Website Alexa Rank

95 BlueMass Group 135497
96 Southern Poverty Law Center 136234
97 Public Policy Polling 138090
98 Feminista 146567
99 Sadly, No! 149049
100 Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting 152078

DBKP compiled this list based on Alexa site rankings. They are the leader in ranking websites. Visit Alexa to see if your site is listed.

Google Plus is an author, educator, entrepreneur, radio announcer, web designer, web marketer, musician, trucking safety expert, SEO specialist, and business owner- in other words, a dreamer.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

27 Responses to Top 100 Liberal Progressive Websites for 2010

1. September 11, 2011 at 1:31 pm

You’re right, progression is always backwards . . . huh?

• September 11, 2011 at 9:42 pm

Just because you call it progressive, that doesn’t always mean it is. In fact, liberals call a lot of things exactly the opposite of what they are.
      Examples:
      Women’s reproductive rights- actually means the right to kill, not reproduce.
      Gay rights- equal rights already exist for every American. The truth is, they want more rights than everyone else, and never-mind what rights of others get stepped on in the process.
      Social justice- there is no justice in socialism, unless giving our individual rights over to an all-powerful government is your idea of justice.
      Those are just a few off the top of my head. The fact is, everything the Left does is misleading. Even you, you post an argument, but didn’t bring anything new to the table. A play on words doesn’t count. We get enough of that in the mainstream media from your constituents.

2. john q public
    October 31, 2011 at 4:56 pm

would like to read about the truth and in exposing the lies, and criminal maleficient of der fuehrer obama and the rest of the democrats

3. Jim Wohlgemuth
    February 18, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Hey you forgot one the Bible…. after all you could say Jesus was the original liberal… check out his policies and try to argue… liberals and progressives no matter what you think are for the people…all the people all the time…. we welcome the 1% as Jesus did they know what they have to do to follow
    Peace

• February 20, 2012 at 11:07 am

You’re kidding, right? Think about it- the very definition of a Conservative Christian is one who takes the Bible literally. Liberals on the other hand, always take the Bible out of context, and create God in their image (instead of the way the Bible instructs- that we are create in God’s image). This backward thinking is the very essence of Backward Times.

I think you need to re-read the Bible. And this time, instead of trying to twist things to what you wish they said, take it for what it is and change your mind to God’s way of thinking.

If you want to continue this conversation, give me a Bible verse that proves your point, and I will show how you took it out of context (or agree if it is in context).

• Ray
        July 11, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Ok Ken, how about we start with Acts chapters 4 & 5 and go from there. And as far as context goes, the context is that while filled with and “being led by” the holy spirit, the people all agreed to sell all that they had and became one community (you know, that communism you guys love to talk about so much) all sharing the combined goods of the community. (you know, that socialism you also love to talk about so much) In fact, they thought it was so important, that when Ananias and Sapphira lied about holding back some of their wealth, they were killed not by the other people, but by God himself. (each one died on the spot when confronted about it)

• Ray
          July 11, 2012 at 12:09 pm

LOL It says that my reply is awaiting moderation. Somehow, I don’t think it’s going to make it past the moderators of this site.

• July 11, 2012 at 12:34 pm

I always moderate comments, to weed out the spam and name-calling. Any civilized response (that doesn’t have a link to a free-crap site) is posted, and often replied to.

• July 11, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Thanks for your comment, but…

I think you need to read a little more Bible than just a few verses that fit your ideology. All through the Bible it talks about man eating by the work of his hands, and the sweat of his brow- and giving his first-fruits to God. In this instance (Acts chapter 4) people are giving to the Apostles (in other words, the Church), and the Church is giving it out to those in need.

If that is what you mean (exactly what it says) then I agree with you. But if you are trying to cling to a socialist political view, you are just wrong. And instead, I suggest you do exactly what the Bible says in the verse you quoted- Give some money to a church, one that you know will give to people in need.

• July 11, 2012 at 1:05 pm

By the way Ray, giving to a church is not the same thing as the government taking from us. With socialism, the government takes, with Christianity, the people give. Big difference.

• Jack
        September 26, 2012 at 5:14 am

You didn’t address his point. Everything Jesus did was liberal and socialists. Love your neighbor as yourself, be charitable, help widows and orphans, forgive all, love your enemies, turn the other cheek, give up all your possessions and follow Him, He despised the rich, healed people for free, he was a hippie dude who owned no property or fancy stuff, walked around speaking the truth, he didn’t belong to any organized group designed to control the minds of the masses for power and profit. Please show me one thing Jesus did that was conservative. Liberalism in inclusive of all, concern for others, the environment, and lifting up of fellow citizens and those in need. Conservatism is restrictive, controlling, exclusive, concern for profits over care for our environment, and ignores those in need, racist, homophobic, and misogynistic.

• September 26, 2012 at 6:58 am

Wow, this is one skewed worldview. Your definition of Jesus is a little skewed, but your definition of conservatism is WAY off. To me, you described liberals but you called them conservatives.

Conservatives are the most generous people on the planet. This is not my opinion. Google it. Mississippi for example, is the lowest income per capita in the nation, but the most generous as far as charitable giving.

If you are a Christian, you believe the Bible. If you believe the Bible, you are a conservative. What liberals and socialists do is, they skew their religion to meet their worldview. What conservatives (Christian conservatives) do is believe the Bible first, and that’s what makes them conservative.

I had to laugh out loud when I read the part about liberals being inclusive. That’s a joke. Liberals are the most divisive people, and exclude Christians! If you are a Christian, you can’t possibly be a liberal- you’d be fighting for the enemy.

Watch this- http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-september-5-2012/hope-and-change-2—the-party-of-inclusion

• Julie
            October 1, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Ken-Thanks for the progressive list. It is just what I was looking for. As for Mississippi being the most generous as far as charitable giving(source please)goes they are also one of the states that recieve the most Government money. for every dollar they pay in federal taxes they get back 2.02 in federal state spending. Source:

Ken-the very definition of a Conservative Christian is one who takes the Bible literally. REALLY??!!??
            Well here are a few Bible verses that I hope you don’t take literally.

“He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord.”(Deuteronomy 23:1)
            My brother-in-law had testicular cancer he only has one “stone” he’s very Christian.
            He will not want to hear that he is not welcome in his Church.
            Here’s another:
            “But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.” (Matthew 5:28)
            If you haven’t done this you are lying.
            And my favorite ones of all:

If in spite of this you still do not listen to me but continue to be hostile toward me, 28 then in my anger I will be hostile toward you, and I myself will punish you for your sins seven times over. 29 You will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters.”(Leviticus 26:27-30) YIKES!!!

“Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.” (Psalm 137:9) I believe this one promotes the death of children after they are born.
            There are just so many. Please let’s see how these fit into your “literal” interpretation of the Bible.
            I doubt I will be posted on your site because of the source for my passages. That is ok tho I have copied the web sites.
            Read more at http://www.ranker.com/list/top-20-bible-passages-to-use-against-fundamentalists/ivana-wynn?page=3#dIehJ7zFlOVYb6oY.99

• October 2, 2012 at 4:58 pm

Wow. This one really turned into a rant, didn’t it? Still, I’ll play, and I’ll try to address each point…

Here’s a source that shows Mississippi at #3 in 2008.

Of course people in MS receive more government money, and pay less taxes- they are one of the poorest (if not the poorest) state in the nation (but the most generous).

“REALLY??!!??”
            Yes, really. It’s the defining line between right and left, right and wrong, my religion and your religion, my worldview and your worldview.

Seriously? Way out of context Bible quotes now? Look, I’m no theologian, but even a 5th grader could straighten this mess out with just a few minutes of reading. (You should try it sometime- reading the actual source, instead of believing what people say about it. They always take it out of context, and it is always so easy to prove.)

Deuteronomy 23:1… This puts this one in context- http://biblicalresearch.gc.adventist.org/Biblequestions/God%20Undeserving.htm

Your brother-in-law wouldn’t have to worry about Israel’s law from 4000 years ago. It only applied to the “congregation of Israel”. Which, at the time was a theocracy, and included not only the one church, but all city officials, elders, judges, etc. A lot of people were excluded from these high positions, which included any disabled, maimed, even sick or injured people.

Matthew 5:28… Of course I have lusted. That’s the beauty of the Gospel- We all fall short, but are forgiven by Christ anyway (while we were yet sinners).

Leviticus 26:27-30… Yeah… I guess we better do what He says, huh?

Psalm 137:9 was a prophesy, and it came to pass… http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/treasury-of-david/psalms-137-9.html

Look, a lot of people way smarter than us have already had these theological debates. People by the thousands, many with PhD’s still believe the Bible. It’s only a minority of over-zealous atheists that propagate this mantra that there are flaws in the Bible (and their followers cling to their out-of-context quotes like a religion). Take an honest, hard look YOURSELF and you can only come to one conclusion- After 2000-4000 years, people have been trying to prove the Bible wrong, and still can’t. There can only be one explanation for this fact- it really is the Word of God.

• The Watcher
        April 24, 2013 at 1:11 pm

And this is why republicans like to feed the poor, and help those who cannot help themselves. They take the bible literally. Now I understand. Silly me. I had it all wrong.

• WALMARTRAMEN
        April 19, 2014 at 10:34 pm

Liberals know Jesus was an middle eastern looking person.
        (Biblical archeology) Liberals are forward thinkers, thats why they fight for things like women not having the rights to a abortion etc, being that those wars was fought years ago. They want to go forward not backward. The Bible, paying taxes? Matthew 22:21
        “Yes, it is a proven fact that Conservatives are by far the most generous people on the planet.” But push lower taxes and low pay, wanting small government, so the many poor relying on the government because of their low pay are forced to do without.
        Small government is like shoplifters wanting less security cameras around.

• April 20, 2014 at 4:26 pm

You said Liberals fight for women not having the right to abortion. That’s the opposite. They fight FOR abortion rights. (Maybe that was a mistake.)

I agree with you that many poor people rely on the government because of low pay and (I’ll add) high prices for everything. But nobody wants the government so small they cannot feed the poor. That is a Liberal myth. Everyone on both sides want to take care of the poor people. They just disagree about HOW to do it.

I do like your analogy about the shoplifters not wanting security cameras. It’s funny, and true.

4. Shroomduke
    June 21, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Is the list backward?
    is it sorted by number of visitors or by how liberal the people compiling the list believes tem to be?

Interesting list but it distracts from the real issues of corruption, crime, good governance, good citizenship, oversight, transparency and accountability along with truth, justice, democracy, equality, sovereignty, stability, security, peace prosparity, quality of life, loyalty, patriotism, charity, compassion, courage, cooperation and the rest of the things that continue to improve our lives and our democracy and makes America an exceptional secure and sovereign country…

5. Jack
    September 26, 2012 at 4:58 am

this is a great list, if need to find the best sites to visit for real info and news, you got it right here in a nutshell. Thanks

6. Missy
    April 14, 2013 at 5:33 pm

Hello,
    I am so glad to read your take on the Bible. I really struggle with Leviticus. People from different Christian churches tell me different things. One told me that Jesus said he did not change the law at all. Others quote Leviticus when saying that to be gay is an abomination. Now you’re saying, “Anyway, Leviticus is part of the law of Moses- the first 5 books in the Bible. It was the law of the land in Israel at the time. But just because Moses and Israel had some strict laws, that doesn’t mean we do here and now, and it also doesn’t mean it’s what God wanted (it was what Moses wanted). Are you saying that current Christian scholars say Leviticus doesn’t apply today? That would help me understand why all the animal sacrifice it calls for is not done today. But it would also lead me to think people make a lot of fuss over laws that, as you say, apply to situations thousands of years ago, but not today. I’d really appreciate you helping me sort this out..

• April 15, 2013 at 7:57 am

Hi Missy,

Listen, I’m no Bible scholar (just a Bible believer). So, I can’t tell you what today’s scholars would say. Take what I say with a grain of salt. But this is how I see it-

The law of Moses may be exactly what God wanted at the time, even though it may seem harsh to us these days. I think people were more tribal back then. There was no law enforcement as we know it today. Clans stuck together and had their own laws.

I’m not really sure why Jews don’t still do animal sacrifices (that’s a good question).

But I do know that Jesus said in Matthew 5:17 “Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.”

Maybe this will help- http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/showthread.php?145736-The-quot-law-quot-that-Jesus-came-to-fulfill-%28Matt-5-17%29

7. Tim
    January 14, 2014 at 6:10 pm

Thanks for the list of places to go to get great news! Great job. Even the liberal media don’t put out such a complete list of liberal media sources. Saved me a lot of time.

8. Smithd178
    March 29, 2014 at 3:06 pm

Very nice! dbddkfaceb

9. Paul
    July 3, 2014 at 1:03 pm

I like the way you “moderate” every comment, to make sure noone gets posted that asks questions you cannot answer. I also like the tone you use. While trying to be a nice christian person, you need to slip in your little “digs” at anyone that disagrees with your nonsense. Typical goddy. But thanks for the great list. LMAO@goddies.

• July 4, 2014 at 6:46 am

I always approve every post, whether I agree or not. The only ones I moderate out are- name-calling rants, adult links, free stuff and spam. And I always try to answer them.
      My little digs, as you call them, are just me being direct. The truth sometimes hurts, but I think the truth is important, no matter whether we like it or not. I try my best to be humble, and I strive to be just like Jesus. I know I fall short, way short. But I’m getting better, albeit slowly.